New AADE Desk Reference 2020 - 5th Edition
The Art and Science of Diabetes Care and Education, 5th Edition is a specialist's one-volume, go-to resource for the core knowledge and skills for providing person-centered care and education to persons with diabetes and related chronic conditions. This is a core resource for those who are studying for the Certified Diabetes Care and Education Specialist® (CDCES) exam.
- Practical information educators can use with patients to avoid complications and comorbidities
- Risks and benefits of CGM and the educator’s role in working with patients who use CGM
- Updated info on incorporating the ADA, AADE, and AND joint position statement and algorithm of care into a DSME program
- Two new chapters addressing multiple daily injections (MDI), continuous subcutaneous insulin infusion (CSII), pump therapy, continuous glucose monitoring (CGM) and intensifying therapy, pattern management, and data analysis.
- Revised AADE7 Self-Care Behaviors®, with its recognition of the impact the emotional burden of diabetes on metabolic and quality of life outcomes.
- Highlights obesity management, including the 3-step algorithm for care of overweight and obese people with diabetes.
- Expanded coverage of motivational interviewing (MI).
- Major rewrites of the kidney disease and diabetic neuropathies chapters.
Table of Contents
Ch2 The Diabetes Self-Management Process
Ch3 Theoretical and Behavioral Approaches to Self-Management of Health
Ch4 Healthy Coping
Ch5 Healthy Eating
Ch6 Being Active
Ch7 Taking Medication
Ch9 Reducing Risks
Ch10 Problem Solving
Ch11 Diabetes Education Program Management
Ch12 Transitional Care
Ch13 Pathophysiology of the Metabolic Disorder
Ch 14 Type 1 Diabetes Throughout the Life Span
Ch15 Type 2 Diabetes Throughout the Life Span
Ch16 Nutrition Therapy
Ch17 Pharmacotherapy for Glucose Management
Ch18 Glucose Monitoring
Ch19 Therapy Intensification: Technology and Pattern Management
Ch20 Pharmacotherapy: Dyslipidemia & Hypertension in Persons with Diabetes
Ch21 Dietary Supplements and Diabetes: A Focus on Complementary Health Approaches
Ch22 Complementary Health Approaches and Diabetes Care
Ch23 Acute Hyperglycemia
Ch24 Pregnancy with Diabetes
Ch25 Cardiovascular Complications of Diabetes
Ch26 Eye Disease Related to Diabetes
Ch27 Diabetic Kidney Disease
Ch28 Diabetic Neuropathies