Women Leaders in Diabetes Conference - May 10th, 2019 | San Francisco, CA - 7.5 CEs
- Are you feeling discouraged because your suggestions for improvement aren’t acknowledged?
- Do you run into barriers when you try to implement change?
- Are you ready to see your ideas come to light?
Join us to get inspired by diabetes champions.
Everyone is invited to hear the stories of women luminaries, who have taken risks, challenged the status-quo and were able to turn their ideas into action against the odds.
Learn from national diabetes health care leaders and mentors as they share their efforts to improve care.
Get ready to be inspired! You will hear the steps they took to overcome barriers, envision delivery of care from a new perspective and shift the diabetes landscape for the better.
Invite your colleagues to join this conference, designed to create new possibilities to improve diabetes across the care continuum.
It’s time to see your ideas come to light!
Keynote presenters include: | See detailed bio information here >>
- Ann Albright, PhD, RD – Director, Division of Diabetes Translation at the CDC
- Tracey Brown MBA, BChE – CEO, American Diabetes Association
- Nicole Johnson, DrPH, MPH, MA – National Director of Mission at JDRF
- Maureen McGrath, MS, PNP-BC, BC-ADM – Associate Clinical Professor, Director, Diabetes Minor, UCSF School of Nursing
- Susan Guzman, PhD – Director of Clinical/Educational Services, Behavioral Diabetes Institute, San Diego
- Edi Matsumoto, FNP, MSN, MFA, CDE, BC-ADM – Montage Medical Group and Community Hospital of the Monterey Peninsula
- Theresa Garnero, APRN, BC-ADM, MSN, CDE – Instructional Designer Specialist, UCSF School of Nursing, Founder, Sweet People Club
Beverly Thomassian, RN, BC-ADM, MPH, CDE – Founder, President, Diabetes Education Services
- Kelly Close, BA, MBA - Founder diaTribe and Close Concerns
Brochure | Women Leaders in Diabetes Conference
Objectives: By the conclusion of this conference, participants will:
- Create new possibilities to improve diabetes care.
- Gain fresh ideas and inspiration for your diabetes setting.
- Develop a realistic action plan for change.
- Collaborate and network with colleagues and experts in the field.
Since we are not accepting industry grants for this event, will you help us get the word out? (Here is a link you can post on social media or to send to your contacts.)
Don’t miss out on this first ever Women Leaders in Diabetes Conference! Register Today.
May 10th, 2019 | San Francisco, CA
Registration Fee includes:
- Catered breakfast and lunch
- Diabetes Med PocketCards
- 7.5 CEs for Nurses, RD and CA Pharmacists
- Ask the Expert Panel
- Networking Opportunities
Location: AC Hotel San Francisco Airport / Oyster Point Waterfront
1333 Veterans Blvd, South San Francisco, CA 94080
Accommodations and Discounted Room Rate:
The conference will be located at the AC Hotel San Francisco Airport / Oyster Point Waterfront. The hotel is located within minutes of the San Francisco Airport at 1333 Veterans Blvd, South San Francisco, CA 94080.
Other Accommodations in the Area:
Residence Inn by Marriott San Francisco Airport/Oyster Point Waterfront - 0.3 miles from conference
Courtyard by Marriott San Francisco Airport/Oyster Point Waterfront - 0.2 miles from conference
Hilton Garden Inn San Francisco Airport North - 0.8 miles from conference
DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel San Francisco Airport North - 1.0 mile from conference
Ramada Limited San Francisco Airport North - 1.2 miles from conference
Comfort Inn & Suites San Francisco Airport North - 1.3 miles
Team of Experts: This program is a labor of love and passion. It is a dream co-opted by two Diabetes Nurse Specialists and Certified Diabetes Educators who believe that women leaders make a powerful difference in the lives of people living with diabetes.
- Beverly Thomassian, Diabetes Education Services RN, MPH, CDE, BC-ADM, President and Founder, Diabetes Education Services
- Theresa Garnero, APRN, BC-ADM, MSN, CDE, President and Founder of Sweet People Club (www.sweetpeopleclub.com)