Diabetes Education Services Online University Courses are an excellent way to study for your exam anytime and anywhere that is convenient for you. You will have immediate access to your courses for 1 year after your purchase date. Each individual online course includes a: 90 minute video presentation, podcast, practice test and additional resources.
A value of $558, for only $499. Save $59!
*You will be immediately enrolled in the Bootcamp Online University courses. The book bundle will ship within 24 business hours!
What's included in the bundle?
Our CDE® Exam Boot Camp Webcast Series is the next best thing to attending our live courses. This series offers participants an interactive and engaging experience. It’s like having an online coach. In each webinar, Coach Beverly highlights the critical content of each topic area so you can focus your study time most efficiently. She also launches multiple poll questions to helps students focus on key concepts and assess their knowledge, while learning the best test taking strategies.
We know your time is limited. Coach Beverly Thomassian, RN, MPH, CDE, BC-ADM helps you drill through the vast content with our intensive series of eight 1.5 hour sessions, while keeping it focused and fun! You will finish this series more confident and ready to succeed at the CDE® Exam.
Plus, our new CDE® Coach App allows user to easily access the webinars from your smartphone or iPad. We know students are busy. That’s why each of our courses also includes a free podcast, so students can listen on-the-go.
Intended Audience: Our CDE® Boot Camp Webinar Series is designed for individual or groups of diabetes educators, including RNs, RDs, Pharmacists, Nurse Practitioners, Clinical Nurse Specialists, Physician Assistants and other health care providers interested in achieving excellence in diabetes care and becoming Certified Diabetes Educators®.
Instructor: Beverly Thomassian RN, MPH, CDE, BC-ADM is a working educator who has passed her CDE® Exam 6 times. She is a nationally recognized diabetes expert for over 25 years.
Boot Camp Graduate Review - Beverly is an amazing coach! I’m happy to say that I passed my CDE® exam with great thanks to Beverly and her CDE® Boot Camp! She inspires me to be better at this profession! Her materials are so helpful for day in, day out practice! Everyone should be taking this course regardless if they have or have not taken the exam and work in this profession!
- Ashley Farrell, RD, LDN, CDE®
All hours earned count toward your CDE® Accreditation Information
Earn 12.0 CEs
The New AADE 4th Edition Desk Reference & 4th Edition Review Guide Bundle - our most popular AADE Book Bundle for CDE® preparation.
What is included in the bundle?
The Art & Science of Diabetes Self-Management Education Desk Reference - 4th Edition
Published by AADE, the Art & Science Desk Reference 4th Edition is the must-have resource for all diabetes educators. This Desk Reference (2017) is written by practicing Diabetes Educators for Diabetes Educators and provides the core knowledge and essential strategies and skills all educators need to facilitate behavior change in persons with diabetes. Boost your knowledge and keep current with all of the critical changes in the healthcare landscape.
- practical information educators can use with patients to avoid complications and comorbidities
- risks and benefits of CGM and the educator’s role in working with patients who use CGM
- updated info on incorporating the ADA, AADE, and AND joint position statement and algorithm of care into a DSME program
- Revised practice levels for diabetes educators
- Impact of the Affordable Care Act on diabetes education/educators
- Applying learning theory and cognitive science to the education plan
- Revised ADA/AND evidence-based nutrition recommendations
- Current ADA/EASD consensus statement and AACE algorithm for pharmacologic therapies for people with type 2 diabetes.
Included is the pre-ordered AADE Review Guide - 4th Edition!
*Please note we will ship your Desk Reference immediately, however the guide will not ship until the second week of August.
AADE Review Guide for the Certified Diabetes Educator Exam - 4th Edition
The AADE Review Guide for the Certified Diabetes Educator Exam is an excellent independent study tool and comprehensive resource.
The AADE Review Guide for the Certified Diabetes Educator Exam - 4th Edition provides:
- 450 + multiple choice questions
- Strategies for preparing for and taking the exam
3 self-assessment tests that cover three main content sections on the CDE® Exam:
- Assessment of Diabetes and Prediabetes
- Interventions for Diabetes and Prediabetes
- Disease Management
Two - 200 multiple choice question exams
Includes an answer key with rationales for all question included in the guide!
Diabetes - Not Just Hyperglycemia, 1.5 CEs
Diabetes is complicated! This course starts with a brief introduction to the CDE® Exam content and philosophy. Then we move to discuss underpinnings of pancreas dysfunction and the different types of diabetes. Insulin resistance is addressed as well as the diagnostic criteria for the diabetes.
- State the impact of diabetes in our communities
- Explore insulin resistance and vascular disease
- Discus key concepts in pathophysiology of type 1, type 2, and gestational diabetes
- Review Diabetes Diagnostic Criteria
Standards of Care Update, 1.5 CEs
This course reviews the updates to the American Diabetes Association’s Standards of Medical Care in Diabetesand provide critical teaching points and content for Diabetes Educators. The ADA Standards of Medical Care in Diabetes is a key resource for healthcare professionals involved in diabetes care, education, and support.
- Review changes and updates to the 2018 ADA Standards of Medical Care.
- Identify key elements of the position statement
- Discuss the application of these changes for diabetes educators.
- Targeted interventions based on patient assessments
Insulin Therapy - From Basal/Bolus to Pattern Management, 1.5 CEs
This course reviews the effective use of insulin therapy to improve glucose control. Learn how to look at glucose patterns and determine appropriate insulin adjustment strategies. Also included are formulas to calculate therapy based on national guidelines.
- Using basal/bolus insulin therapy to improve glucose control
- Glucose patterns and adjustment strategies
- Incorporating national guidelines into practice
Insulin Intensive - Monitoring, Hypoglycemia and Hospitalization, 1.5 CEs
The purpose of this course is to spend focused time reviewing insulin pattern management, dosing strategies, basal bolus and carb counting calculations. We explore the ins and outs of monitoring, sick day management and provide a brief review of hypoglycemia and Hospitalization. This course content will boost your knowledge and confidence in recommending insulin adjustments to patients and providers.
- Explore the importance of patient assessment in determining a realistic dosing strategy
- Calculating insulin correction and carb coverage ratios
- Hypoglycemia and glucose monitoring strategies
- Sick day and inpatient diabetes management
Meds for Type 2 - What you need to know, 1.5 CEs
This course highlights the array of oral and injectable medications to treat hyperglycemia for people with type 2 diabetes. We explore clinical issues to consider when determining the best strategy to improve glucose control. We discuss cost, side effects, complexity and other factors into consideration.
- Describe the main action, dosing and side effects of the different classes of diabetes medications
- Highlight the key elements of the Medication Guidelines by AACE and ADA.
- Clinical factors to consider when determining the best strategy to improve glucose control
Exercise & Medical Nutrition Therapy, 1.5 CEs
This course reviews the latest nutrition guidelines and strategies to individualize this information based on the patient assessment. Included is a discussion on metabolic surgery, gastroparesis and disordered eating. We review the benefits of exercise and focus on the latest national guidelines for activity, strengthening and balance.
- Nutrition guidelines and weight loss strategies
- Individualized approaches medical nutrition therapy
- Exercise - Benefits, guidelines and strategies
Screening, Prevention and Treatment of Microvascular Complications, 1.5 CEs
This course reviews the impact of chronic hyperglycemia on eyes, kidneys, nerves and lower extremities. Included is a discussion on screening guidelines to promote early detection and treatment. We review lower extremity assessment and special foot care considerations for people with diabetes.
- From the eyes to the nerves, impact of chronic hyperglycemia
- Screening guidelines to stop microvascular disease in its tracks
- Lower Extremities with a focus on assessment, assessment and teaching strategies
Coping and Behavior Change, 1.5 CEs
This course provides the framework to assess patient barriers and support behavior change. We explore psychosocial issues that may be blocking patients from adopting healthier behaviors and provides strategies to identify and overcome these barriers. We conclude with a review of the major learning theories with a focus on empowerment.
- Assessing coping skills
- Depression, anxiety and diabetes distress
- Supporting behavior change
- Learning theories and goal setting
“The Big Finish” Test Taking Boot Camp - Bonus course!
*Certified Diabetes Educator® and CDE® are registered marks owned by NCBDE. The use of DES products do not guarantee successful passage of the CDE® exam. NCBDE does not endorse any preparatory or review materials for the CDE® exam, except for those published by NCBDE.”