Diabetes Educator Course + New Technologies Session
“More than a course, it’s an experience!”
- Diabetes Educator Course | San Diego Brochure
- 2019 Diabetes Educator Course Schedule
- Scholarship Application | San Diego, CA 2019
Come join us at our, Diabetes Educator Course in sunny San Diego, CA. Whether you are new to diabetes or a seasoned expert, you’ll leave our live seminar with the latest research plus teaching tools you can immediately apply to your clinical practice.
Beverly Thomassian and her teaching team translate the complex science of diabetes into understandable terms while keeping it real, practical and fun.
Dates: September 4 - 6, 2019
Friend Discount: 2 or more only $519 per person. Just enter the name of the person(s) registering with you in the note section at checkout and the discount code FriendDiscountSD.
Time: The course is Wednesday through Friday. Join us for breakfast at 7:00 a.m. each day. The class begins at 8:00 a.m. and ends at 5:00 p.m. on Wednesday and Thursday and at 3:00 p.m. on Friday.
- 3 Days: of critical information delivered by passionate speakers in an engaging and fun format!
- 26 CEs: earned at the Live Seminar
- 13 Bonus Online Courses, Earn 13 CEs: As a course attendee, you automatically receive a bonus online course bundle of 13 online courses worth valued over $179. Coach Beverly carefully chose each of these courses based on student feedback on which content best helped them succeed at the CDE® Exam and in their clinical practice. You will be given instruction after you purchase the course on how to enroll in our Online University and get started!
- Additional: 100+ page syllabus, healthy breakfast all days, gourmet lunch both days and refreshments. Plus, CE certificates and a fun and engaging learning environment.
Diabetes Educator Course Topics Include:
- Current State of Diabetes ADA Standards of Care
- Person-Centered Care for Type 1, Type 2, LADA, GDM
- Medical Evaluation, Risk Identification
- Diabetes Prevention
- Glycemic Targets Across the Lifespan
- Landmark Studies
- Medications for Type 2
- Pharmacology Algorithms - AACE and ADA
- Cardiovascular Monitoring and Management
- Getting Active
- Assessing and Supporting Coping Skills
- Insulin - The Ultimate Hormone Replacement Therapy
- Insulin Pattern Management and Dosing Strategies
- Sick Days, Monitoring Hospitalization and Lower Extremities
- Diabetes Tools for the Visually Impaired
- Microvascular Disease - Screening Guidelines and Risk Reduction
- Promoting Behavior Change - Flourishing with Diabetes
- Medical Nutrition Therapy
- Meal Planning - Hot to Eat by the Numbers
- Adjusting Meal Planning based on individual assessment
- Diabetes & Technology
Our new technology course prepares diabetes educators for advanced and distinct knowledge in the use of technology. This knowledge will provide new opportunities to advance your career while improving diabetes outcomes.