Registration Closes this Saturday, 10/7 at 10 a.m. PT
Join Coach Beverly and Team for two and a half days of knowledge-sharing, fun, networking, games with prizes, and “aha” moments in beautiful San Diego on October 11-13, 2023.
You don’t want to miss this one-of-a-kind learning opportunity. Get away from all those daily responsibilities and immerse yourself in a fun and intensive conference with plenty of networking opportunities.
Attendees will leave this conference with new tools and a more complete understanding of the latest advances in diabetes care, from medications to technology to Medical Nutrition Therapy!
Each day, we provide a healthy breakfast, including fresh coffee, to kick off your morning. Our instructors co-teach the content to keep things fresh and lively. Plus, we play DiaBingo to reinforce key content and give away prizes. In addition, we provide plenty of movement breaks led by volunteers from the audience. Did we mention delicious lunches and a conference meeting space just minutes from San Diego Bay?
Friend Discount: 3 or more only $549 per person. Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org with the name and email of each registrant to get the discount!
Team of Experts
Our team expertly translates the complex science of diabetes into understandable terms while keeping it real, practical, and fun.
Team of expert faculty includes:
- Diana Isaacs, PharmD, BCPS, BC-ADM, BCACP, CDCES – Educator of the Year, 2020
- Coach Beverly Thomassian, RN, MPH, CDCES, BC-ADM
- Ashley LaBrier, MS, RD, CDCES, Diabetes Program Coordinator
Friend Discount: 3 or more only $649 per person. Email us at email@example.com with the name and email of each registrant to get the discount!
The seminar will be held at Courtyard San Diego Airport/Liberty Station – 2592 Laning Road, San Diego, CA 92106
This modern hotel is 1.7 miles from the San Diego International Airport and only 4 miles from Balboa Park, USS Midway Museum, SeaWorld, the San Diego Zoo, and downtown. Great walking paths are right outside the hotel lobby.
You can also call (800) 321-2211
To get the best room rates, book as soon as possible.
Time: The course is Wednesday through Friday. Join us for breakfast at 7:00 a.m. each day. The class begins at 8:00 a.m. and ends at 5:00 p.m. on Wednesday and Thursday and at 3:00 p.m. on Friday.
- 3 Days: of critical information delivered by passionate speakers in an engaging and fun format!
- 20+ CEs: earned at the Live Seminar (RDs earn 20 CEs while Nurses & CA Pharmacists earn 24 CEs)
- 10 Bonus Online Courses, Earn 10+ CEs: As a course attendee, you automatically receive a bonus online course bundle of 13 online courses worth valued at over $179. Coach Beverly carefully chose each of these courses based on student feedback on which content best helped them succeed at the CDCES Exam and in their clinical practice. You will be given instructions after you purchase the course on how to enroll in our Online University and get started!
- Healthy breakfast all days, gourmet lunch both days and refreshments.
E-version of the syllabus
Day 1 | “Standards of Care, Medications for Type 2 & Addressing Cardiovascular Disease” with Coach Beverly and Dr. Diana Isaacs
Our two experts highlight the critical content from the ADA Standards of Care, with a focus on important updates that impact clinical practice. Also included are discussions on medication management of diabetes and cardiovascular disease.
- Current State of Diabetes ADA Standards of Care
- Person-Centered Care for Type 1, Type 2, LADA, GDM
- Medical Evaluation, Risk Identification
- Glycemic Targets Across the Lifespan
- Hypoglycemia prevention & treatment
- Significance of Landmark Studies
- Medications for Type 2
- Pharmacology Algorithms – AACE and ADA
- Cardiovascular Monitoring and Management
Day 2 | “Insulin Fundamentals to Pattern Management, Physical Assessment & Diabetes Technologies” with Coach Beverly and Dr. Diana Isaacs
The first part includes a detailed discussion of insulin therapy, pattern management, and insulin delivery devices. A case study follows outlining a head-to-toe assessment of someone living with diabetes. The afternoon segment reviews the latest diabetes technology with a show-and-tell session that demonstrates pumps, sensors, and an array of diabetes gadgets. The final part includes a discussion on integrating mental health with body health and strategies to provide extraordinary diabetes care.
- Insulin – The Ultimate Hormone Replacement Therapy
- Insulin Pattern Management and Dosing Strategies
- Discuss strategies to determine and fine-tune basal and bolus insulin settings based on glucose pattern management
- List the elements of a tooth-to-toe assessment including lower extremities.
- Microvascular Disease – Screening Guidelines and Risk Reduction
- Utilizing diabetes and technology to improve care
- Integrating Mental Health with Body Health
- Provide strategies for healthcare professionals to overcome barriers and Deliver Extraordinary Diabetes Care
Day 3 | “Medical Nutrition Therapy & Pattern Management” with Ashley LaBrier
Enjoy a comprehensive review of the latest findings in nutrition therapy, utilizing a person-centered educational approach. Our expert will also discuss the impact of exercise on glucose and strategies to keep safe while keeping active.
- Medical Nutrition Therapy (MNT) – Keeping it Person Centered
- Evidence-based approaches to MNT
- Meal Planning – Hot to Eat by the Numbers
- Adjusting Meal Planning based on individual assessment
- Keeping Active with Diabetes
Our new technology course prepares diabetes educators for advanced and distinct knowledge in the use of technology. This knowledge will provide new opportunities to advance your career while improving diabetes outcomes.
Refund Policy Live Courses: If an attendee gives advanced written notice at least 7 days before the event, a refund may be issued, minus $75 for administrative fees. In the event of non-attendance, without 7-day notice, no refund may be issued.
Transfer Policy Live Courses: If an attendee gives advanced written notice at least 14 days before the event that they cannot attend the course, they may request a transfer to the next same course within a year. Approval is at the discretion of the Diabetes Education Services administrative team. The transfer is not guaranteed. The transfer is subject to a $75 fee if approved.
Accreditation: Diabetes Education Services is an approved provider by the California Board of Registered Nursing, Provider 12640, and Commission on Dietetic Registration (CDR), Provider DI002. Since these programs are approved by the CDR it satisfies the CE requirements for the certification exams regardless of your profession.* The use of DES products does not guarantee the successful passage of the certification exam. CBDCE does not endorse any preparatory or review materials for the certification exam, except for those published by CBDCE.