Earn 7.5 CEs while enjoying a resort location. Hear Coach Beverly, MPH, CDE, BC-ADM, speak live in Florida!
Who Should Attend? This course is designed for health care professionals who are interested in getting the latest information on cardiometabolic conditions and treatment. It is also perfect for those interested in achieving or renewing their CDE or BC-ADM certification.
There is a new vision for Diabetes Care and Education Specialists. As we move into the future we are expected to demonstrate expertise in a full range of cardiometabolic conditions: including diabetes, hypertension and cardiovascular risk reduction.
8:30 - 10:00am – Assessment of Cardiovascular Health
- A new vision for Diabetes Care and Education Specialists
- Metabolic syndrome and insulin resistance
- Standards of Care for Cardiovascular Disease and Diabetes
10:20 - 12:00pm – Cardiovascular Risk Reduction Strategies
- Pharmacologic approaches to risk factor reduction
- Keeping active: a love note to the heart and body
- Merging science and the individual
12:00 - 1:00pm – Lunch Provided
1:00 - 2:15pm – Lower Extremity Assessment and Intervention
- Peripheral Arterial Disease vs Vascular Disease
- Lower extremity assessment techniques
- Prevention strategies and education
2:15 - 3:45pm – Nutrition, Language and a Vision for the Future
- Role of gut bacteria in cardiometabolic health
- Heart of the diabetes language movement
- Improving health- From individuals to populations
3:45 - 4:00 Q & A with Coach Beverly
*course schedule subject to change
Enjoy all Safety Harbor has to offer with on-site spa amenities like whirlpools, steam rooms, sauna, nail salon, and massage! The whole family could have fun on the tennis courts, pier, or fantastic walking paths as our conference ends just in time for a relaxing weekend.