ReViVE 5 Diabetes Training Program: Unlocking Hidden Barriers to Diabetes Management
Join us for our ReVive 5 Training Program! July 19 for Sessions 1 & 2, and July 26 for Sessions 3 & 4
Whether you are a novice or an expert in providing diabetes care, we invite you to attend this exciting training program that provides the essential steps to address diabetes distress combined with an innovative approach to glucose management that will revolutionize your practice.
“ReVive 5” breathes new life into our relationship with diabetes, bringing a fresh perspective to both the person with diabetes and the provider.
The ReVive 5 program is built on sound research from the Embark Trial and will revolutionize your approach to diabetes self-management education.
We have reassembled the Embark training team and created a resource binder of fantastic tools that we are excited to share with you in our ReVive 5 Diabetes Training Program. You are invited to join us to learn a step-wise, proven approach to addressing hidden barriers to diabetes self-management and glucose management.
You don’t need to be mental health expert or diabetes technology wiz to join this training or to integrate these new strategies into your daily practice.
ReVive 5 uses an integrated, evidence-based approach that provides health care professionals with a realistic 5-step approach to addressing the whole person, starting with emotional distress and incorporating a unique, but integrated approach to problem-solving glucose management difficulties.
Intended Audience: This library of critical information is designed for individuals or groups of diabetes specialists, including RNs, RDs, Pharmacists, Nurse Practitioners, Clinical Nurse Specialists, Physician Assistants, and other health care providers interested in staying up to date on current practices of care for people with diabetes and preparing for the CDCES or BC-ADM Certification Exams.
Can't join live? That's okay. Your registration guarantees you access to the recorded version of the series, along with podcasts and resources for one full year.
Training Program Includes:
- 6 CEs - Includes the four 1.5 Hr Session ReVive Training Program and Certificate
- Quarterly 1-hour follow-up sessions with an expert -dates to be announced
- A comprehensive set of assessment tools, educational materials, log sheets, and resources.
Join us to gain the confidence and learn the skills needed to support people with diabetes to move forward in their self-management and discover the expert within.
Team of Experts:
ReVive 5 is taught by a team of 3 Interdisciplinary Experts:
- Lawrence Fisher, Ph.D., ABPP, Professor Emeritus, UCSF
- Susan Guzman, PhD
- Beverly Thomassian, RN, MPH, CDCES, BC-ADM
Speakers Interviews – Learn more about the ReVive 5 Team
- What is the Biggest Takeaway when Addressing Diabetes Distress? – Dr. Susan Guzman
- Do you have to be a Mental Health Expert to Tackle Diabetes Distress? – Dr. Lawrence Fisher
- Why I Transformed my Approach to Diabetes Self-Management Education- Coach Beverly
ReVive 5-Step Training Program for Health Care Professionals:
4 sessions – Each 1 ½ hours (15-minute Q&A included)
July 19, 2023 – Session 1 | What is Diabetes Distress, and what do we know about it?
- How does diabetes distress affect self-care?
- How is diabetes distress different from depression?
- How can diabetes distress be assessed practically in clinical care?
July 19, 2023 – Session 2 | Using the ReVive 5-step approach to address distress and support behavior change
- Specific tools to enhance effective communication strategies to address diabetes distress.
- Four practical steps to address diabetes distress as a barrier to self-care.
July 26, 2023 – Session 3 | Finding the Expert Within – four steps to help individuals discover their expertise to improve glucose and feelings of self-efficacy
- Reviewing the diabetes knowledge
- Establishing a diabetes toolkit
- How to determine if basal insulin is right
- Discovering the impact of diet, exercise, stress, insulin, etc. on glucose levels.
- How to evaluate insulin-to-carb ratios and correction factors without fancy formulas.
July 26, 2023 – Session 4 | Using ReVive 5-Step approach to integrate the Whole Person Intensive Case Study
- Exploring glucose patterns and identifying problems
- Using an integrated log sheet as a powerful tool to identify what needs fixing: pattern recognition.
- Case reviews that exemplify common glucose problems and enhance problem-solving skills.
- Utilizes the person’s distress profile to better anticipate and respond to barriers and setbacks.
ReVIVE 5 is a one-of-a-kind, practical 5-Step program that provides effective intervention strategies that address the whole person and the interconnected components linked with living healthfully with diabetes.
ReVive 5 Connect!
Join us live on April 24, July 31 and October 30, 2023
As part of your ReVive 5 registration, you are invited to share your experience implementing the ReVive 5 in a safe and supportive group, led by Dr. Susan Guzman.
If you feel comfortable, you can share a case where things went well or one where they did not. We are here to problem solve together during our ReVive 5 Connect gathering.
Your registration includes 3 FREE zoom meetings with the experts to answer questions, help with problem solving and to share experiences using the ReVive 5 approach.
Instructors: Click here for faculty bios.
The use of DES products does not guarantee the successful passage of the CDCES exam. CBDCE does not endorse any preparatory or review materials for the CDCES exam, except for those published by CBDCE.