ReViVE 5 Diabetes Training Program
Unlocking Hidden Barriers to Diabetes Management
Whether you are a novice or an expert in providing diabetes care, we invite you to attend this exciting training program that provides the essential steps to address diabetes distress combined with an innovative approach to glucose management that will revolutionize your practice.
“ReVive 5” breathes new life into our relationship with diabetes, bringing a fresh perspective to both the person with diabetes and the provider.
The ReVive 5 program is built on sound research from the Embark Trial and will revolutionize your approach to diabetes self-management education.
We have reassembled the Embark training team and created a resource binder of fantastic tools that we are excited to share this all with you in our ReVive 5 Diabetes Training Program. You are invited to join us to learn a step-wise, proven approach to address hidden barriers to diabetes self-management and glucose management.
You don’t need to be mental health expert or diabetes technology wiz to join this training or to integrate these new strategies into your daily practice.
ReVive 5 uses an integrated, evidence-based approach that provides health care professionals with a realistic 5-step approach to addressing the whole person, starting with emotional distress and incorporating a unique, but integrated approach to problem solving glucose management difficulties.
Couldn't join us live? That's okay. Your registration guarantees you access to the recorded version of the series, along with podcasts and resources for one full year,
Training Program Includes:
- 6 CEs - Includes the four 1.5 Hr Session ReVive Training Program and Certificate
- Quarterly 1-hour follow-up sessions with an expert -dates to be announced
- A comprehensive set of assessment tools, educational materials, log sheets, and resources.
Join us to gain the confidence and learn the skills needed to support people with diabetes to move forward in their self-management and discover the expert within.
Team of Experts:
ReVive 5 is taught by a team of 3 Interdisciplinary Experts:
- Lawrence Fisher, Ph.D., ABPP, Professor Emeritus, UCSF
- Susan Guzman, PhD
- Beverly Thomassian, RN, MPH, CDCES, BC-ADM
Speakers Interviews – Learn more about the ReVive 5 Team
ReVive 5-Step Training Program for Health Care Professionals | Recorded & Ready for Viewing
4 sessions – Each 1 ½ hours (15-minute Q&A included)
Session 1 | What is Diabetes Distress, and what do we know about it? | Recorded
- How does diabetes distress affect self-care?
- How is diabetes distress different from depression?
- How can diabetes distress be assessed practically in clinical care?
Session 2 | Using the ReVive 5 step approach to address distress and support behavior change | Recorded
- Specific tools to enhance effective communication strategies to address diabetes distress.
- Four practical steps to address diabetes distress as a barrier to self-care.
Session 3 | Finding the Expert Within – four steps to help individuals discover their expertise to improve glucose and feelings of self-efficacy | Recorded
- Reviewing the diabetes knowledge
- Establishing a diabetes toolkit
- How to determine if basal insulin is right
- Discovering the impact of diet, exercise, stress, insulin, etc. on glucose levels.
- How to evaluate insulin to carb ratios and correction factors without fancy formulas.
Session 4 | Using ReVive 5 Step approach to integrate the Whole Person Intensive Case Study | Recorded
- Exploring glucose patterns and identifying problems
- Using an integrated log sheet as a powerful tool to identify what needs fixing: pattern recognition.
- Case reviews that exemplify common glucose problems and enhance problem solving skills.
- Utilizes the person’s distress profile to better anticipate and respond to barriers and setbacks.
ReVIVE 5 is a one-of-a-kind, practical 5-Step program that provides effective intervention strategies that address the whole person and the interconnected components linked with living healthfully with diabetes.
Instructors: Click here for faculty bios.
The use of DES products does not guarantee the successful passage of the CDCES exam. CBDCE does not endorse any preparatory or review materials for the CDCES exam, except for those published by CBDCE.