Join us to get inspired by diabetes champions.
Earn 7.5 accredited CEs while you network!
"The best conference I have ever attended!"
Everyone is invited to hear the stories of women luminaries, who have taken risks, challenged the status-quo and were able to turn their ideas into action against the odds.
Learn from national diabetes health care leaders and mentors as they share their efforts to improve care.
Get ready to be inspired! You will hear the steps they took to overcome barriers, envision delivery of care from a new perspective and shift the diabetes landscape for the better.
Invite your colleagues to join this conference, designed to create new possibilities to improve diabetes across the care continuum.
It’s time to see your ideas come to light!
Keynote presenters include:
- Tracey Brown MBA, BChE – CEO, American Diabetes Association
- Nicole Johnson, DrPH, MPH, MA – National Director of Mission at JDRF
- Theresa Garnero, APRN, BC-ADM, MSN, CDE – Instructional Designer Specialist, UCSF School of Nursing, Founder, Sweet People Club
Beverly Thomassian, RN, BC-ADM, MPH, CDE – Founder, President, Diabetes Education Services
- More speakers to be announced!
"Full of heart and soul. So motivating!!"
Objectives: By the conclusion of this conference, participants will:
- Create new possibilities to improve diabetes care.
- Gain fresh ideas and inspiration for your diabetes setting.
- Develop a realistic action plan for change.
- Collaborate and network with colleagues and experts in the field.
December 6, 2019 | Safety Harbor, FL
Location: Safety Harbor Resort and Spa
105 North Bayshore Drive, Safety Harbor, FL 34695
Registration Fee of $229 includes:
- Catered breakfast and lunch
- Diabetes Med PocketCards
- 7.5 CEs for Nurses, RD and CA Pharmacists
- Ask the Expert Panel
- Networking Opportunities
The conference will be located at the Safety Harbor Resort and Spa. This historic hotel is located on the waterfront and within minutes of the pier and Safety Harbor Park. It's only 15 miles from the Tampa International Airport at 4100 George J Bean Parkway, Tampa, FL 33607.
Our team has negotiated a discounted room rate of $139 per night! Be sure to reserve your room before November 5, 2019, to take advantage of this discount. Call 888-237-8772 and ask about the Women Leaders in Diabetes Conference to book a discounted room. Take the chance to pamper yourself in this resort's steam rooms, sauna, indoor pool, and lap pool!
"I can use the information every day with every patient."
Team of Experts: This program is a labor of love and passion. It is a dream co-opted by two Diabetes Nurse Specialists and Certified Diabetes Educators who believe that women leaders make a powerful difference in the lives of people living with diabetes.
- Beverly Thomassian, Diabetes Education Services RN, MPH, CDE, BC-ADM, President and Founder, Diabetes Education Services
- Theresa Garnero, APRN, BC-ADM, MSN, CDE, President and Founder of Sweet People Club (www.sweetpeopleclub.com)