Diabetes Tech | Insulin, Pumps and Sensors with Dr. Diana Isaacs | 4.5 CEs
Title: Diabetes Technology Toolkit | Insulin, Pumps and Sensors with Dr. Diana Isaacs | 4.5 CEs
This course is included in: Virtual DiabetesEd Specialist Conference
As Diabetes Care and Education Specialists, we are expected to have expertise in diabetes technologies to improve person-centered care and optimize outcomes.
This Technology Toolkit is taught by Diana Isaacs, PharmD, BCPS, BC-ADM, BCACP, CDCES, ADCES. She was named 2020 AADE Diabetes Educator of the Year for her educational platform promoting the use of CGM for people with diabetes and other innovations. During these exciting presentations, Dr. Isaacs demonstrates different insulin delivery devices and shares how they are most effectively used to improve diabetes care. She also reviews how to analyze the ambulatory glucose profile and determine what changes are needed to get glucose to goal.
- Insulin – the Ultimate Hormone Replacement Therapy
- Describe the different kinds of insulin and the teaching points of each
- Explore different insulin delivery devices.
- Intensive Insulin Therapy— From Carbs to Correction to reach glucose targets
- Formulas on determining insulin coverage for carbs and hyperglycemia
- Using glucose results to evaluate the effectiveness
- Integrating Technology, Continuous Glucose Monitoring, and Insulin Pumps into Care
- Update on the latest technology, from meters to CGM with an emphasis on problem-solving.
- Delivering insulin, from pens to pumps
- Understanding glucose reports and determining the best action
Instructor: Diana Isaacs, PharmD, BCPS, BCACP, CDCES, BC-ADM, FADCES, FCCPCES, was awarded ADCES Diabetes Care and Educational Specialist of the Year for her educational platform promoting the use of CGM for people with diabetes and other innovations. She is the Director of Education & Training in Diabetes Technology at the Cleveland Clinic. She has numerous diabetes publications and research projects focusing on medications, CGM, and diabetes technology. You won’t want to miss this hands-on workshop with an international expert in the field.
As the CGM Program Coordinator and clinical pharmacist specialist in the Cleveland Clinic Diabetes Center, Dr. Isaacs brings a wealth of clinical knowledge combined with extensive research experience to this program.
Fee: $69.00 (Group Discounts Available)
Earn 4.5 CEs
All hours earned count toward your CDCES or BC-ADM
Accreditation Information: Diabetes Education Services is an approved provider by the California Board of Registered Nursing, Provider 12640, and Commission on Dietetic Registration (CDR), Provider DI002. Since these programs are approved by the CDR it satisfies the CE requirements for the CDCES regardless of your profession.* The use of DES products does not guarantee the successful passage of the CDCES exam. CBDCE does not endorse any preparatory or review materials for the CDCES exam, except for those published by CBDCE.