Title: Medical Nutrition Therapy Toolkit with Ashley LaBrier, MS, RD, CDCES | 4 CEs
This course is included in: Virtual DiabetesEd Training Conference
This four-hour course highlights the latest ADA evidenced-based nutrition and exercise guidelines. Our nutrition expert, Ashley LaBrier, provides strategies to apply this important information to individuals living with diabetes. She includes in-depth discussions on different approaches to person-centered meal planning and the benefits and limitations of each. If you are getting ready to take your diabetes certification exam, this course provides essential content for exam success.
Topics addressed by Ashley LaBrier, MS, RD, CDCES
- Medical Nutrition Therapy Updates and Critical Content
- Describe person-centered nutrition issues based on assessment and clinic data.
- Explore national guidelines for medical nutrition therapy and how to individualize interventions from a person-centered perspective.
- State how to customize nutritional approaches in people living with complications of diabetes.
- How to Eat by the Numbers and Meal Planning Approaches
- Describe the impact of micro and macronutrients on health.
- List different meal planning approaches and the pros and cons of each.
- Describe how to help people with diabetes to read labels and be thoughtful consumers.
- Keeping Well Through Activity and Nutrition
- Describe activity benefits, precautions, and recommendations
Earn 4 CEs
Instructor: Ashley LaBrier, MS, RD, CDCES is an educator, dietitian, and Diabetes Education Program Coordinator at the Salinas Valley Medical Clinic’s Diabetes & Endocrine Center. Her work with people living with diabetes focuses on the value of healthy nutrition and movement to improve well-being.
All hours earned count toward your CDCES Accreditation Information
Accreditation: Diabetes Education Services is an approved provider by the California Board of Registered Nursing, Provider 12640, and Commission on Dietetic Registration (CDR), Provider DI002. Since these programs are approved by the CDR it satisfies the CE requirements for the CDCES regardless of your profession.* The use of DES products does not guarantee the successful passage of the CDCES exam. CBDCE does not endorse any preparatory or review materials for the CDCES exam, except for those published by CBDCE.